APPLICATIONS TO VOLUNTEER AT UTSS 2019 ARE NOW OPEN!!!! FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW TO APPLY. Please be aware that we won’t allocate positions on the volunteer roster until mid-December so you may not receive a reply until then. If you need to get in touch before then, send us a message.
Volunteers are a group of special people that work behind the scenes to help the festival day run smoothly. Successful applicants will be required to work 6-8 hours (double shift) pre festival or 5 hours during the festival in exchange for a festival ticket.
It’s the perfect way to get involved and gain some experience (especially if you are studying events) and meet some amazing people along the way. Certificates are available post festival on request.
There are limited positions available so get in quick! Be a part of the UTSS ground swell!
WHAT IS INVOLVED?
Volunteers will be required to work 6 – 8 hours pre festival or 5 hours during the festival. You will also be required to attend an induction/briefing before the festival to explain your role on the day (dates to be confirmed closer to the festival)
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We need many volunteers to ensure each Under The Southern Stars Music Festival runs smoothly and patrons have the best experience possible. Preference will be given to volunteers that have proven their commitment at previous festivals. We also look highly upon those who:
- are willing to be assigned to any task to get the job done
- are flexible e.g. willing to work any hours during the festival
- don’t mind missing the big headlining bands
- are interested in working additional hours to the designated 5 hour shift
- have any special skills or experience useful for the festival
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE
- Set Up/ Pack Down Pre festival – non specialised, light labour skills e.g. signage
- Gate/Ticket Attendant
- Information Desk/Patron Support
- Parking/Traffic Assistants
- Waste Management/Cleaning
As a volunteer of Under The Southern Stars Music Festival you will essentially represent the festival to both patrons and public at large. At all times exhibit a positive and friendly approach with the purpose of ensuring festival attendees, staff, volunteers and artists have an enjoyable and memorable experience. Our requirements for volunteers of Under The Southern Stars Music Festival are as follows:
- over 18 years old
- reliable and once you have committed to your role, complete the minimum shift required before, during or after the festival
- remain under the direction of your Volunteer Manager at all times
- carry out the duties allocated to you
- punctual and arrive on time, preferably 15 mins early
- must not use, possess or be under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol at any time while volunteering
- report to your area manager before and after your shift
- ask for help when needed
- notify Volunteer Manager if you are unable to attend your shift in advance
- remain calm and cheerful under pressure
- treat patrons, staff and fellow volunteers with respect and courtesy
Set Up/ Pack Down Pre & Post festival. These positions are fundamental in creating and maintaining the festival site. It is important to have a SAFE festival site at all times. Much of the work will be required in the week leading up to the festival, however there is also a demand for early morning before the festival gates open and late evening after the festival closes. Tasks include light labour e.g. screening fences & barriers, setting up tables & chairs, assisting with signage, decorations etc
Gate Attendants will be a friendly happy face welcoming festival patrons and providing them with direction and information on how to redeem tickets for wristbands with the support of security personnel. Helping the flow of patrons through the front gate and reminding them to get their tickets, ID and bags ready for inspection
Ticket Attendants will be responsible for ticket scanning at the front gates and/or other areas (training provided) and issuing of wristbands
Information Desk This position requires a friendly and helpful person to support festival patrons with information and direction around the festival site. You will need to have an outgoing personality, effective communication skills and ability to problem solve. Great for those that are training in the event field!
Parking/Traffic Assistants will be work under the guidance of the Parking Marshall to help guide festival goers into the designated parking areas
Waste Management/Cleaning/Rubbish Disposal is an essential role at any festival! As part of the waste management team you will be assisting festival goers with recycling, emptying bins, wheeling bins to new locations and keeping the general area clean and tidy and therefore safe. There will also be a clean up directly after the festival and the following day